Friday, January 19, 2007

New Thing

I just got into this whole blog thing. I am excited to stay in touch with all my family and friends this way. An update of what I am doing in my life now: I am working two jobs. I work at a non-profit organization as a Rape Prevention Educator. I teach in the Junior Highs and Highschools. It can be challenging to talk about depressing subjects all day but I am able to do it knowing I'm making a difference. My second job is at the hospital in the Women's Center. I work crazy hours there but I love it. I am a CNA there. I help take care of the new moms and their babies. It is so much fun to be around newborns all the time. They are so adorable. I am done with school, luckily. I graduated in August with my bachelors in Family Consumer Human Development with an empathis in Community Services. I love being done with school. For all of you that are still in school hang in there you can make it. In my spare time which is rare I love making jewerly with my sister-in-law and playing with my adorable nephew and niece that live up here too. (I will have to put pictures on here later) I am still in the freezing cold town. It has been below zero degrees many days this winter and the wind chills you to the bone. Other than the freezing tempertures I love this Valley. It is beautiful up here and I love being surrounded by mountains. Well anyway I hope that I can stay in touch with you all better through this.

5 comments:

Shaillé said...

Way to go getting your blog going! And cute graduation picture! It's really cool that you have a job related to your major. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that - maybe someday. Anyway, I'm excited to be able to keep in touch with you through our blogs. :)

marquita chiquita said...

Vickie! Hey I saw link to your blog through Shaille's blog site. I am so glad to hear that you are doing good and that you made it through school, yeah! I am finishing up my last semester....finally. I hope that I can keep in touch with you as well, check out our blog (there is a link on Shaille's page!)

Marquita

Nancy said...

Sounds like you're having a great time at your new jobs...working can definitely be stressful, but it sounds like you're having fun, so that's great!

Anonymous said...

HI Vick, this is way cool thanks for showing me the whole "blog" thing. I just have to tell you that niece and nephew of yours are about the cutest I've ever seen (no bias of course). We're sure proud of you. Honestly you have so much going for you finnishing school, 2 good jobs, and helping all those around you. You're awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Vick,

I guess I'm really old fashioned cause I don't have a "blog" yet. But, yours is very inspiring so hopefully soon Caden will take a really good nap for me so I can have a minute to set one up. I guess I'm going to have to go against Shirlenes vote about Talan & Taylie being the cutest nephew, cause I am biased to Caden. You Rock it!